“The Thin Man Drinking Game”
1. Take a drink every time Nick or Nora takes a drink.
2. Take a drink every time Nick or Nora denies that the other is his/her spouse.
3. Take a drink every time Nick or Nora denies that Nick is still a detective.
4. Take a drink every time one of Nora’s relatives prevents Nick from drinking.
5. Take a drink every time anyone (including Nora) takes a drink that Nick prepared for himself.
6. Take a drink every time Nick embarrasses Nora or Nora embarrasses Nick.
1. Special “coup de grace” rule: take a drink every time Nick goads someone into a reaction by implying they committed the crime
2. Special "film geek" rule: take a drink whenever a character actor appears for the first time if you can name him/her and at least one other movie in which he/she appears.
3. Special "hopeless romantics" rule: take a drink every time Nick or Nora convincingly professes true love for the other.
4. Special "who’s in my house" rule: take a drink every time Nick’s old friends hold a party at Nick & Nora’s house without permission.
WARNING: It is not recommended that you apply all nine rules in viewing all five movies. They have been designed with the intention of there being an inverse relationship between # of rules and # of movies. This can be modified according to participants' alcohol tolerance and willingness to pass out before the end.